Are you passionate about sales and urban farming? If so, we’ve got the perfect part-time job opportunity for you. We’re looking for one new sales representative to join our team for 2013. Read below for the job description and how to apply.
As a sales representative, you will conduct sales presentations to prospective customers, explaining and selling our gardening products and services. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required for the successful candidate. Sales presentations take place primarily in the evenings and on weekends. Access to a vehicle, and computer with internet access is required. Sales and product training will be provided. The position will run from approximately February 15th to June 15th with the majority of the work concentrated around April and May.
- Email and telephone followup on leads and referrals as assigned
- Identify and resolve client concerns
- Update sales database on a biweekly basis (2x per week)
- Prepare sales contracts
- Other duties as assigned
Contact us before applying if you have any questions. Applications must include a cover letter and resume and will be accepted by email only to email@example.com, Attention: Chris. Applications will be accepted until midnight February 3, 2013.
- Strong listening, communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous sales skills strongly preferred
- Ability to persuade and influence others
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Basic computer and internet skills
- Results-driven with a desire to succeed and work independently
- Previous gardening skills strongly preferred but not required
- Interest and passion for gardening and fresh local organic produce
- Access to a vehicle required
- Training will be provided
- This is not a commission-based job
- The majority of the work will take place during weekday evenings and weekends
- The position will be available from February 1st to June 15th.
- Each sales presentation will last approximately 1 hour
- $20 per sales presentation
- $10 bonus for each closed sales presentation