This week, we’re giving you a mixed bag of tips. Here we go:
- Fava beans technically belong to the vetch family, rather than the legume family.
- Cabbages came to Canada in the 1540’s by the French explorer Jacques Cartier
- Beans that do not get enough water will have oddly shaped pods and only a few seeds maturing inside each pod
- Melon fruit size is strongly correlated to regular feeding and watering
- Poor corn germination is often caused by too small of a planting group as well as consistently wet/rainy or hot/dry/windy conditions.
- Irregular shaped cucumbers are most often caused by poor pollination